This Privacy Notice describes how Walgreens Boots Alliance, and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, (collectively, “WBA,” “our,” “us” or “we”), collect, use and share information about you on WBA Worldwide and what privacy choices we offer you when you use any of the online services offered through this site.
WBA Worldwide is Walgreens Boots Alliance’s global intranet. It is the single place to do tasks, find colleagues, work on shared documents, access relevant policies, understand the wider business and engage with others - team-to-team, team-to-business, group-to-group.
All employees will have access to validated, reliable and relevant content and information. This content maybe tailored depending on employee’s location, function, and other access permissions.
Information collection and use
Through the use of WBA Worldwide we may collect certain information from you, including:
- Contact Information: Your name, work email address, work phone number, job title, division, function, primary work location, line manager and direct reports.
- Registration Information: Your username and password.
- Analytical Information: Pages viewed, browser type, operating system, and IP address.
- Additional Information You Provide: In addition to the above information, you may choose to provide additional information e.g., profile picture, or a summary of your experience or expertise.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To enable communication between all employees of WBA;
- To provide access to online content relevant to your role, function, division and location;
- To maintain site functionality and resolve any technical issues on this site; and
- We may use your information in other ways that are consistent with the above -described purposes and to otherwise administer WBA Worldwide
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer by websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or for a fixed period of time (“persistent cookies”).
Cookies allow our website to recognize your computer when you visit and make using the site quicker and easier. Cookies are essential to the functioning of certain parts of our website and we use them to collect information about how the site is used.
- Make the user experience more efficient and remember your preferences by, for example, saving your preferences or remembering your account login information.
- Help us understand how visitors use the site, such as which pages are viewed most frequently.
How to control cookies
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage the cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable these technologies.
You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings, but please note that disabling cookies may impact some of our website’s features and prevent the website from operating properly.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand how visitors use our site to help us make improvements to it, including which of our pages and e-mails are viewed most frequently. We partner with Google Analytics for this purpose. To opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How we share your information
Your personal information will be shared within the Walgreen’s Boots Alliance group for the purposes outlined above.
This intranet site uses and shares personal information about you (your role, division, location, and line management information and business contact details) along with any additional information you choose to provide only for purposes consistent with this privacy notice.
The personal information published in the global directory may be transferred outside the country of origin, including locations outside of the European Union, to countries where WBA and its affiliates and subsidiaries operate. These countries may have data protection laws that are not equivalent to the law in your country.
Links to third party sites
Security of information
Please know that we always seek to minimize any personal information that is processed.
Your information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer period is required or allowed by law.
We use technical, physical and administrative measures based on the sensitivity of information to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
WBA provides you with the opportunity to review the personal information we hold about you, to challenge its accuracy, and to have it corrected, restricted, amended or deleted as appropriate, subject to certain exceptions.
WBA will comply with all local regulations and ensure that you can review any personal data that you have a right to access under the law applicable in the country in which you work or reside. You also have the right to access this information in a machine readable format.
Please help us make the intranet as useful and accurate as possible by ensuring your personal details are up to date. If any of the data shown about you is inaccurate, please contact your local HR team.
If you have any queries about the way your personal data is used by this site, or you would like to opt-out of the processing and transfer of your information as described in this notice, please contact the WBA Worldwide team at email@example.com.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you may contact the Global Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law you may complain to your local data protection agency.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. Please check the “Effective Date” at the bottom of this page to see when this notice was last revised. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make will become immediately effective once posted on this page.
Effective Date: 8 November 2016